Unless you live in walking distance, travelling to and from the Lincoln Christmas Market is always a big consideration.
At no other time in the year are so many people in the city and all heading to the same area.
Market opening times are:
- Thursday, December 6: midday to 9.30pm (traditionally known as ‘locals day’ as it’s a little quieter);
- Friday, December 7: 10am to 9.30pm;
- Saturday, December 8: 10am to 9.30pm;
- Sunday, December 9: 10am to 7pm.
There is no parking in the vicinity of the Christmas Market.
Those driving to the city to enjoy the festivities are advised to use the park and ride service by organisers.
It will operate from the Lincolnshire Showground on the A15 just north of Lincoln and will be well sign-posted on all approach roads.
Those using a sat-nav should punch in the postcode, LN1 2ZR. Google maps.
There is also a dedicated service for people with disabilities, using specially adapted vehicles which also run from the showground.
Park and Ride – times and prices
All buses drop off close to the Museum of Lincolnshire Life, Burton Road in Lincoln.
Park and Ride opening times:
- December 6: 11.30am to 10pm;
- December 7-8: 9am to 10pm;
- December 9: 9am to 7.30pm.
On the day charges per car are Thursday £13, Friday £14, Saturday £15 and Sunday £14. A vehicle carrying eight to 15 people is classed as a mini bus and the fee per vehicle is £25.
For advance discounts and more information visit.
Driving to the Lincolnshire Showground
The showground is located four miles north of Lincoln. The main entrance is Gate 1, immediately off the A15.
Access to the A15 from the south and east is via the A46, from the north is M180 and from the west A1, A57 then A46.
How can I get to the market by bus?
To travel by bus to the Lincoln Christmas Market you will need to catch the number 7 or 8 from Stand D at the Lincoln Central Bus Station with a return journey from Pottergate opposite the cathedral.
From Lincoln Central Bus Station to the Christmas Market:
- Thursday and Friday: 9.40am, then every ten minutes until 6.20pm, 6.40pm, then every ten minutes until 10pm, 10.30pm, 11pm, 11.30pm
- Saturday: 9.40am, then every ten minutes until 3.20pm, 3.35pm, then every 15 minutes until 6.20pm, 6.40pm, then every ten minutes until 10pm, 10.30pm, 11pm, 11.30pm
- Sunday: 9.30am, then every 15 minutes until 5.45pm
From the Christmas Market to Lincoln Central Bus Station (Pottergate):
- Thursday and Friday: 10.11am, then every ten minutes until 6.51pm, 6.55pm, then every ten minutes until 10.15pm, 10.45pm, 11.15pm, 11.45pm, 12.15am
- Saturday: 10.11am, then every ten minutes until 3.51pm, 4.06pm, then every 15 minutes until 6.51pm, 6.55pm, then every ten minutes until 10.15pm, 10.45pm, 11.15pm, 11.45pm, 12.15am
- Sunday: 9.45am, then every 15 minutes until 6pm
- Adult single: £1.40
- Adult return: £2.50
- Child single: 70p
- Child return: £1.25
- If you already have a Lincoln dayrider, megarider, family dayrider or PlusBus ticket you can use these on the Christmas Market buses too.
For bus timetables into and out of Lincoln Central Bus Station, visit Stagecoach.